SOLO RECITALS • concerts with orchestra • RESIDENCIES
Fascinating commentaries about the music are always an important part of his performances
• SOLO RECITALS: From the most exciting to the most romantic music in contrasting Latin American styles: traditional, classical, popular, Latin favorites, world favorites and his original compositions. The repertoire of his recitals is adapted to the needs of the presenter.
• SEARCH YOUTUBE with the words HARP ORTIZ to enjoy hundreds performances of his compositions by solo harpists and harp ensembles. For some examples see VIDEOS. His compositions are performed and recorded all over the world by classical harpist and performers of other types of harps and some are required for harp competitions.
• RESIDENCIES: During a "RESIDENCY," besides SOLO RECITALS or CONCERTS WITH ORCHESTRA, Alfredo offers EDUCATIONAL SCHOOL ASSEMBLIES for all ages and/or WORKSHOPS for MUSIC DEPARTMENTS at high school, college or university levels. See EDUCATIONAL SCHOOL ASSEMBLIES page.
• SOUTH AMERICAN SUITE FOR HARP AND ORCHESTRA
Note: His Suite may be performed with SYMPHONY or CHAMBER ORCHESTRAS.
Videos of some of the movements are available in youtube.com/alfredorolandoortiz and the VIDEOS page. The Suite was recorded with the El Paso Symphony. CD in the MUSIC page.
(SEE BELOW for special page about the Suite)
Performances of the “South American Suite for Harp and Orchestra” include:
• World Premiere, Tulare County Symphony, California, March 3rd, 1996. Conductor/Music Director: David André
• Third Latin American Harpists Encounter, Caracas, Venezuela, October, 1998, with
Gran Mariscal de Ayacucho Symphony Orchestra. Music Director: Rodolfo Saglimbeni
• New Mexico Symphony Orchestra, three performances, March, 1999. Conductor: David Lockington
• Orange County Youth Symphony Orchestra, May 2nd, 1999. Conductor: John Koshak
• Arizona State University Symphony, two concerts, September, 1999
• El Paso Symphony Orchestra, four concerts, July and September, 2000. Conductor: Gürer Aykal
• Invited by Jana Bouskova, he performed his South American Suite at the
Seventh World Harp Congress, Prague, Czech Republic, 1999,
with the Prague Radio Symphony Orchestra. Conductor: Bladimir Valek
• Auckland Philharmonia, New Zealand, November 2001. Music Director: Miguel Harth Bedoya
• Istanbul Borusan Philharmonic Orchestra, Turkey, two concerts, December 2001. Conductor: Gürer Aukal
• St. Matthew's Chamber Orchestra, Pacific Palisades, California, June 6, 2003
• California Chamber Orchestra, Temecula, California, January 5, 2008
• Guatemala National Symphony Orchestra, Guatemala, April, 2008, Director: Dr. Felipe de Jesús Ortega
• Waterloo-Cedar Falls Symphony, Iowa, October 19, 2008. Conductor: Jason Weinberger
• Waterloo-Cedar Falls Symphony, again! March, 2010. Conductor: Jason Weinberger
• South Coast Symphony Orchestra, California, March 26, 2010
• Corona Symphony Orchestra, California, October 18, 2014. Conductor/Music Director: Marco A. Mejia
• The Israel Stage Symphony Orchestra, Israel, December, 2014. Conductor: Yi-An Xu
• Mission Chamber Orchestra, San Jose, California, January 2015. Conductor/Music Director: Emily Ray
• Bakersfield Symphony Orchestra, Bakersfield, California, March 7, 2020. Conductor: Stilian Kirov